Yes! Mortgage Center offers programs with lower down payment options. These... [Read More]
Certainly! Put their years of experience to work for you! Our loan experts are... [Read More]
Both a home inspection and an appraisal are designed to protect you against... [Read More]
No! Getting started before you find a home may be the best thing you could... [Read More]
Know local sales prices – Ask your agent to check comparable home sales... [Read More]
The first step in deciding which program is right for you is to take a realistic... [Read More]
Your credit standing impacts many of the financial and life decisions that are... [Read More]
Our goal is to have your loan ready for closing as soon as possible! Generally... [Read More]
The first step in buying a house is determining your budget. There’s an... [Read More]
In addition to your down payment, you will need funds to cover the associated... [Read More]
According to the situation and Mortgage Center policies and guidelines, we generally... [Read More]
Unless you have signed Mortgage Center’s Escrow Waiver Agreement, real... [Read More]
When determining whether or not to buy a home, you’ll want to consider... [Read More]
Yes there are special items to consider; buying a foreclosed home is much different... [Read More]
Iíve heard about getting a Pre-Qualification, but whatís the advantage if I havenít even started looking for a house yet?
You wouldn’t go shopping for a new car without knowing how much you can... [Read More]
As a first time homebuyer you may be wondering if you need a real estate agent... [Read More]
No homeowner wants to be unpleasantly surprised to discover is that their newly-purchased... [Read More]
There are many advantages to homeownership: A sound investment –... [Read More]
You can expect great service! You can get started online by completing our online... [Read More]
There are “4 C’s” of a loan approval. Capacity –... [Read More]
To determine the value of the property you are purchasing or refinancing, an... [Read More]
For your initial pre-qualification we'll ask questions about your income,... [Read More]
A real estate broker who exclusively represents the buyer’s best interests... [Read More]
Mortgage Center will set up an escrow account to collect funds for the payment... [Read More]
PMI or Private Mortgage Insurance is provided by a private company to protect... [Read More]
Who is Mortgage Center and what are the advantages of getting my mortgage through my credit union vs. any other lender?
Mortgage Center was established by Credit Unions as a CUSO in 1990 as a way... [Read More]
This deposit is charged for access and review of your credit and / or property... [Read More]
Even if you have a fixed rate mortgage the monthly payment amount may fluctuate... [Read More]
Looking for a Home:
- What is a buyerís agent / broker?
- Home buying negotiation tips Ė How to avoid over paying
- What are the benefits of owning a house? What are the advantages over renting?
- Is now the time to buy?
- Do I need to find a home before I apply?
- Should I try to buy on my own or should I use an agent?
Buying a Home:
- Iíve heard about getting a Pre-Qualification, but whatís the advantage if I havenít even started looking for a house yet?
- Are there any programs for members with lower down payments?
- Can I get advice from a loan originator even if Iím not ready to apply just yet?
- Who is Mortgage Center and what are the advantages of getting my mortgage through my credit union vs. any other lender?
- Iím thinking about buying a foreclosed home. Are there any special items to consider?
Applying for a Mortgage:
- What information should I have available when I am ready to apply?
- Why is there a deposit? Will I get it back if I donít qualify?
- How much of a mortgage can I qualify for?
- How will a past bankruptcy, foreclosure or short sale affect my ability to obtain a new mortgage?
- How does my past credit history affect me?
- What does a lender look for when approving my loan?
- How much will getting a mortgage cost?
- How do I know which program is right for me?
- What can I expect when applying for a mortgage with Mortgage Center?
The Mortgage Process:
- What is an escrow account? Why do I need one?
- How will my taxes be paid?
- What does an appraisal do for me?
- Do I need an appraisal and an inspection?
- How long will it take to close my loan?
- Will my fixed rate mortgage payment fluctuate throughout the life of the loan?
- The importance of a property inspection.
- What is private mortgage insurance (PMI) and how does it benefit me?